The right desk for your office can make your work day go much easier and comfortable, while the wrong one can make you miserable. When the time comes to purchase or replace your office desk, consider these important points when choosing the best work desk for your needs.
Will that desk you’re thinking of purchasing suit your work style and meet your job needs? Will its size & style fit in well with the parameters and constraints of your office style or work space? Can the desk surface withstand the daily-use demands of your particular job and work environment?
These are just a few of the things you need to consider when choosing a work desk. And that’s because the right desk can aide immeasurably in accomplishing work tasks in a comfortable, ergonomic and productive manner.
Identify Just How You Will Use Your Desk
- Mostly computer work: Select a desk or workstation specifically designed for computer use. If you are using a desktop PC, be sure the desk offers space or a compartment to hold the CPU underneath. Look for built-in wiring housings or channels for electrical connections to allow for a safe way to keep cords tucked away.
- Paperwork-generating: Choose a desk or workstation that will have the roomiest surface possible so you can accommodate those spread sheets, bulky books, or piles of important papers. You may also want to consider a desk with shelving or overhead cabinet space.
- Combination of computer work, paperwork, meetings: Consider an “L”-shaped desk setup to allow for both work and meeting space. If finances and space allow for it, a “U”-shaped model will provide even more space and makes an impressive presentation for clients or guests.
- A home work desk: Consider a computer armoire if you want to hide work clutter in your home. “L”-shaped desks are often a good solution as well as fit when your work desk needs to share space in a room like a bedroom or family room. It allows for more desk space.
- Tight on space: Choose a compact computer desk or mobile computer cart.
Today’s desk is no longer the simple table with drawers of years gone by. Take advantage of the myriad of desk choices to choose from; there are many available at reasonable prices at specialist office suppliers. An experienced team should give you the correct advice and feedback on all office furniture and related products, including the right work desk to suit all your needs and your style.
Workstation Office Furniture has a very experienced team and we are able to deliver the widest range of office furniture and office equipment to any destination in South Africa including Port Elizabeth, East London and George. All products are guaranteed and you can ‘Expect Great Service’.